Why Doesn’t Eye Boutique of Sedona Take My Vision Insurance Anymore?
- We used to take almost every Vision Insurance plan available. Unfortunately, over the last 4-5 years, these insurance companies have restructured their business priorities. Much like medical insurance, the priority is cost containment. We refuse to compromise. We believe that everyone deserves the highest quality products and services no matter the price range.
- Vision Insurances restrict our ability to provide you with the best products and services.
- Vision Plans often require that we use a lab that they own to make your glasses. Since low cost is their primary concern, this oftentimes leads to poor quality work. The frequent end result has been frustrating delays to get you your glasses as they did not pass Eye Boutique of Sedona’s quality control inspection.
- Vision Plans generally have a “formulary” of products that they “prefer,” similar to the medications covered by your health insurance. This is insurance speak for these are the ones that they want you to get. As a rule, these products are either: decades old technology or products that are owned by the insurance company. Basically the vision insurance’s profit margins are the primary determinant for what you get, not what is best for your eyes and your vision.
- Vision Plans don’t always stay up-to-date with the latest research. Concerns about blue light from digital devices causing macular degeneration are real, yet some vision insurance companies do not offer any type of blue light protection.
- We do accept Vision Insurance with out-of-network benefits! This frees us from all of the vision plan’s restrictions and limitations and allows you to realize even more savings.
- Vision Insurance requires us to charge you our full retail prices, thereby penalizing you if you choose to not follow their “formulary.” By not accepting Vision Insurance, we get to pass the savings on to you directly! In most cases, this means that you pay less than what you would if we were in-network.